Sunday 31 March 2013

Why I Don't Wear Makeup On Family Holidays


Now, before you call me a hypocrite ("you posted a holiday makeup entry like two weeks ago" you cry) I'm talking about family holidays. And by that, I mean the stress-free, nobody-here-knows-you kind of holidays.

For these holidays, the most I'll bring is lip balm and maybe a mascara/eyeliner in case we go out somewhere fancy. Even then, I might not wear it. There are five reasons for this:


  1. I'm surrounded by people who aren't going to judge me for not making a huge effort
  2. I think it's nice to let your skin "breath" for a bit. I don't know if it actually helps in any way, but it makes me feel better
  3. I apply makeup mostly because I find it fun and relaxing. On holiday, I should have other things that are fun and relaxing to do
  4. When I'm away I don't want to bother with my usual makeup-removal routine in the evenings. So I don't wear any makeup.
  5. It's hardly practical to wear makeup when you're going to be either in and out of a pool or cuddled up in front of a fire doing nothing much.


 Ok, I admit it. This is mostly a filler post because I only have one other post in the works for while I'm away. And no outfit of the week this week because I'm in casual holiday clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment