Friday 29 March 2013

Reveiw: Rimmel London Match Perfection Ultra Creamy Compact Powder




Ok, so the very first thing I want to say about this product is that I don't like wearing heavy makeup all over my skin day-to-day, so I tend to almost always use this or recently MUA's BB Cream, rather than actual cream/liquid foundation. It's light. Like, really light. And for me, this stuff is perfect. But here's the lowdown:

Pros:

  • The powder itself has silky finish and feeling
  • When applied with the sponge, the coverage is enough to hide smaller blemishes or redness
  • Applied with a powder brush, it's good at removing the shine of BB creams and similar without looking cakey
  • It's great for hot weather when creamy foundations might melt off
  • I love the packaging - there's place for a sponge and a mirror under the compact without making the whole thing too bulky
  • This stuff lasts FOREVER


Cons:

  • When applied on dry skin, peeling skin, or skin recovering from acne/spots, it can give you a walking-dead appearance. By this I mean that the powder catches and it looks a bit yucky
  • If you try to use it as a powder over a full-coverage style foundation the result will be a cakey makeup-overload
  • You need to re-apply after four or so hours, because it does come off (saying that, I rarely do)


Price: £5.99 at Boots



1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, I don't like heavy make up either. Will have to try this out!

    http://seekvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete