Thursday 8 August 2013

Mermaid Nail Art



Hey guys! It's been far too long. As an apology for my absence (and as an attempt to keep this blog active) I will be frequently photographing my nails and makeup, then making posts about the ones I like. To start with: my current nails. I aimed for them to look like what a Mermaid's nails might look like if they didn't just wear them bare. I took influence from the sea and, I will admit it, The Little Mermaid.

Here are the instructions how to do it:


  1.  Apply a clear base coat to your nails to protect them and prevent staining.
  2.  Paint all your nails a shimmery blue-green (I used one by Front Cover, but Miss Sporty do one almost identical)
  3.  Paint a shimmery green polish onto one side of a sponge wedge and sponge colour onto the top half of the nail. It's important to make sure the colour underneath is completely dry before doing this.
  4.  Using a light shimmery blue (this design is all about the shimmers) sponge the very top section of your nail, about halfway down the green. For this, I used polish by L'Oreal Paris in the shade "French Riviera".
  5. Apply a clear coat of polish to help your colours blend and to create a tacky surface on which to apply the small, star-shaped sequin. Any type if small blue-ish sequin should be fine. 
  6. For the three small dots in the corner I used a Miss Sporty Metal Flip polish in "Beetle Wing", applied with a thin nail brush. Any bronze-coloured polish would do.
  7. Once this is all dry, take the nail brush and dip it in white polish. Add the two white dots, one in the centre of the bronze dots and one a little above it, at a diagonal. This is supposed to give the impression of shells. Add a streaky white tip, again with the nail brush.
  8. Seal the design with a glossy top coat and use a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover to clean up around the nail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment